Bloemfontein Primary School support children and young people with social and emotional developments through the following interventions:
- Listening Matters (1:1 support) – to explore emotions through art and develop coping strategies
- Access to Behaviour Intervention Team (BIT) – access strategies to remove anxiety, develop anger management and control emotional outbursts
- Lego therapy – to develop team building/turn taking and social interactions
- Nurture group – to develop team building/turn taking and social interactions. To improve social and communication skills. To develop confidence.
- Emotional literacy support – to explore emotions through story telling
- Relax kids – to develop strategies to cope with a range of emotions
- High levels of TA support – to ensure all needs are met
- Access to external agencies including counselling
- EWEL referrals – for children who need a more in depth analysis of strategies to support their emotional well being
There are support arrangement for listening to the views of children and young people with SEN and measures to prevent bullying in place. Please view the Anti-bullying Policy in our School Policies section.