SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Mrs Natalie Trewhella (BA Hons/NASC) – Contact on 01207 232198.
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
The Headteacher Mrs Laura Liddell is also an experienced SENCO and has the NASC qualification. Please contact on the above telephone number.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham County Council Local Offer
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Behaviour Intervention Team (BIT)
- Cognition and learning team
- Relax kids specialist
- Educational Psychologist
- Speech and Language team
- Occupational Therapists
- ASD team
- Emotional resilience/EWAL team
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEN. School closely monitor the spending of this money through budget review sessions, provision mapping and costed provision maps.
This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
Additional Teaching Assistant support, Service Level Agreements with a range of teams, training for staff, referrals to outside agencies, specific resources and access to a range of interventions.
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.