The budget allocation is agreed between our school and the Local Authority at the beginning of each financial year. Detail of how this money is used to support children and young people with SEND is shown below. This is monitored each term by the Governing Body.
At Bloemfontein Primary School, our notional SEN budget amounts to £
This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
High quality interventions delivered through a combination of teaching staff and non-teaching staff. Interventions delivered within school include:
- LEXIA – reading and spelling programme
- Other ICT programmes to support learning including Accelerated Reading, Mathletics and spelling programmes
- Listening Matters – in-school counseling programme
- Talk Boost – to address areas of speech, language and communication
- Lunchtime clubs – lego and games clubs to support children with social, unstructured times
- Small group interventions for additional phonics work, spelling, reading, writing and maths
- Opportunities for sensory experiences and time for self-regulation e.g. running, spinning
- Social stories specifically for children with communication difficulties
- Dyslexic friendly resources including reading rulers, writing prompts and dyslexic friendly displays
Resources are also purchased in order to ensure the children progress and reduce their barriers to learning. Supportive resources are also in place to aid pupils and enable children to be independent learners. Examples of this include:
- ICT packages
- Visual timetables to ensure children are aware of what is happening next to reduce anxiety
- Personalised work stations for children who find it difficult to work on a shared table
- Dyslexic friendly resources including reading rulers, information displays and writing prompts
- Behaviour reward systems
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes. This is allocated to additional support staff time enabling the children to access a modified curriculum, which matches the individual needs of the child. This support also ensures the child is fully included in the daily life of Bloemfontein Primary School.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.