The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families, particularly when a child is demonstrating further cause for concern or their learning need is more complex and persistent.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
Below is a list of the different types of agencies we work with regularly. If you would like further details about any of these, please contact us.
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- School Nurse
- Children’s Occupational Therapy (Treetops)
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Education Psychology Service
- Counselling Service
- Behaviour Intervention Team
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.